Follow by Email

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Sound of Silence-Simon and Garfunkle

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BvsX03LOMhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When Liz comes back from her first protest, she is writing about the big event for the paper and she hears this song. Immediately she restarts it and when it goes off she finds herself in tears at how lonely it made her feel. For me, when I hear this song, I think of those moments in life when you feel like you are the only person in the world, like you have been tossed aside by everyone you know and in some ways I suppose I put this feeling into Liz's perception of it. I love this song. I have loved it since the first time I heard it. I honestly think of it as one of the best songs of all time but if I had to pick the lonliest tune I have ever heard, this would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment