Follow by Email

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Beatles-Drive My Car

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Ts2U1mkfz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope that most of you listening to this soundtrack are fans of The Beatles. What can I say? Their music was a big feature in the book. It is Thanksgiving, 1966, and Liz is trying to do the typical "June Cleaver shit" when Jack so kindly offers here some very low grade speed. But Liz has never taken speed so low grade makes her act as if she has just shot up amphetimines. As she is literally speeding around the house, she tosses on Rubber Soul and starts rocking out this tune. I am not a person who takes speed but from the stories I have heard about the stuff, this song might have been just what the doctor ordered for Lizzy that day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment