Follow by Email

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Not So Original (But Hopefully Effective) Promotion Idea

First, I want to start this off by plugging the site goodreads.com for a minute. If you are a writer or a reader, this site is for you. It's a great place to network with fellow writers and bookworms and I must admit I do like it a little better than Shelfari. Sorry, but I do. And for me the greatest part of it is the sense of community that you get to have with other writers. As most of us are in the same boat with trying to promote our work, it's great to have a group of us together that can share tips and experience and just help one another out. Now, on to my not so original brilliant plan:
Book sales this month for me have sucked. I don't know what it is...maybe it has something to do with summer. This is my least favorite season so sure, I'll blame it. hahaha Whatever the problem is, it is making me feel like I'm banging my head against a wall so anything I might be able to do to remedy this problem, I shall do it. I'm just that friggin' dedicated. lol So, if you are interested in reading Castles Made of Sand and giving it a review on amazon (Good or bad, I don't care as long as it's honest), I will give away copies to the first five people who respond to this. You can leave some witty message or just your e-mail address...as long as you leave your e-mail address. If you don't want the world knowing your e-mail, mine is lestatsluv317@yahoo.com. You can send it in a private message. In case you are a new follower and you have no idea what this book of mine is about here is the description:
When Liz Sanders leaves her parents’ home in Ohio with her best friend Julie at her side, she is full of expectations for her future but none of them can compare with what she gets. At first the California scene she has entered intimidates her but from her first day of class at Berkeley, California becomes her home. She tries to carve out her place while also keeping herself together despite the pressure of writing full time for an underground news paper, becoming increasingly involved with the anti-war movement, and hobnobbing with some of the most infamous names of the 1960’s. On the outside Liz’s life looks like an exciting adventure. On the inside those she loves are falling hard into a world of heroin and madness. For a brief moment it appears as if the dreams she has worked toward might come true but the moment does not last and those who helped shaped the culture around her begin to spiral out of control and into the arms of fate.
Castles Made of Sand is a novel about youth, hopes, and dreams; a glimpse into a world where anything is possible but nothing seems real. A chronicle of forty-five years of one life and the coming of age of a generation, it demonstrates the passion that changed the world and the pitfalls that brought the vision of a decade to its knees. It is the ride of a life time so…is everybody in?

And the first 12 chapters are here on the blog if you want to look them over. You get a pretty good feel of the characters in that preview if nothing else. So if it sounds like your cup of tea, feel free to leave your info. Remember, the first five people will get the manuscript. And if you are one of those people, feel free to write me with any questions or comments you may have for yours truly while you are reading. I'm always open to conversation. Thanks so much. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keair,

    I recently started following another self published Kindle author. I think Elisa has three books under her belt, and from reading her blog it sounds as though she has faced some of the same hurdles you are going through.

    She seems like a friendly sort - at least she didn't tell me to piss off when I blogged about her.

    http://elisalorello.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-advice-about-indie-e-publishing.html

    You should have sold one Kindle copy of your book this month. My bride said she was going to download it. I'll make sure that happened.

    Hang in there. Good things happen to good people and you sound like a good people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down to three, boys and girls. :)

    ReplyDelete