Follow by Email

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Arnold Layne-Pink Floyd

March, 1967...'Four days later a new song by a new band was released. The band was Pink Floyd. I always said they came at the perfect time.' Liz and the world got their first taste of the amazing Pink Floyd just four days after Johnson announced the draft and just as the psychedelic/hippie scene was about to reach what I see as its peak with Monterey and The Summer of Love. This is that single Pink Floyd released in the middle of it all:

4 comments:

  1. Keair,

    I would like to pull up your YouTube videos, but all I see are the embed codes in your posts and I can't open them.

    I can copy them and put them on my blog and they work fine.

    Since I appear to be the only one commenting on this, maybe I am the one with the problem; although, I can view YouTube on other blogs.

    Thanks,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not the only one having that problem. I hit the link to embed the code which, once upon a time, would embed it and that was how it turned out. I intend to repost all of those videos because David (Silver Fox) was kind enough to give me a tip about using the http (or whatever that little gadget is on the top of our posts) to embed it the way I was trying to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used that little gadget thingy on my blog. I just copy the youtube embed code and paste into my blog.

    Either way, I am looking forward to opening those videos. The selections are great.

    Thanks,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I've always done as well. So I don't know if it was a glitch with youtube that night...when I repost I will probably try it that way first and if it doesn't work I'll use that gadget. :) Yeah, the '60's had some bad ass tunes and the music, even in a book, came through. I have a blast going through and posting the songs that were talked about in Castles. And a lot of the stuff in the book was stuff I wrote to so the music was definitely a huge inspiration.

    ReplyDelete