Follow by Email

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Jimi Hendrix-Are You Experienced (Full Album)

'The album was ‘Are You Experienced?’. Four times in a row I played it, feeling that I had to be experienced because this new cat had blown my mind!'
When writing about Liz hearing Hendrix for the first time, it was another one of those moments where I had to imagine what that must have been like. In this life, for me, Hendrix has always been there but I am the only person in my family that listens to him so in a small way I can understand what Liz might have felt when the first notes of Purple Haze came blasting through her speakers but in other ways I have no idea. There had never been a sound like his before he came onto the scene. Although there has never been another Hendrix and likely never will be, heavy metal and hard guitars is something I am more than familiar with. So I had to not only imagine hearing Hendrix for the first time but also hearing that style, the heavy rifts, the amazing sounds...I can only hope I did it justice.
Track One: Purple Haze-
Track Two: Manic Depression-
Track Three: Hey Joe-
Track Four: Love or Confusion-
Track Five: May This Be Love-
Track Six: I Don't Live Today-
Track Seven: The Wind Cries Mary-
Track Eight: Fire-
Track Nine: 3rd Stone From the Sun-
Track Ten: Foxey Lady-
Track 11: Are You Experienced?-

No comments:

Post a Comment