Follow by Email

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Monterey Pop Festival- June 16th-June 18th 1967

'None of us, as we piled out of the cars and began walking toward the ticket takers, knew how huge and altering the festival was going to be. We had no idea that the three days we were about to spend there would go down in history. As always we were just there for the scene and the tunes.'
The Monterey Pop Festival was much like Woodstock in the fact that no one knew how big it would end up being and no one really realized going in that the festival would end up becoming apart of music history. All they knew was that it was a weekend of really good tunes. This was the show that launched the careers of Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix, it was the first time people got to see Jimi's wild stage performance, and in many ways it was the start of a ride that would last three years and pretty much end with Woodstock. The whole thing ended up being made into a film and thanks to youtube you can see it all and for a moment you can pretend as if you, too, were apart of that weekend of magical music moments. So here it is, the Monterey Pop Festival. Enjoy!
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 5:
Part 6:
Part 7:
Part 8:
Part 9:

6 comments:

  1. Whoa! I love the set-up of these last few posts! Little teasers for your fantastic book, with the author's thoughts behind the scenes that I love so much, as well! Glad to see you got everything embedded, too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they have this nifty little thing (which might have been there all along and I JUST noticed it today) that lets you pull the video straight from youtube. It's great. And it made my day easier. :) So did ya watch Monterey? I've seen that thing a 1,000 times and I still love it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch it tonight, no. But I've seen it a few times myself, y'know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Didn't have two hours to kill? Wait until I post the unedited version of Woodstock...it's like Gone with the Wind only a little longer. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. And if anyone would know if that comparison's accurate, you would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I have very eclectic tastes. lol

    ReplyDelete